Re: Temp tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Temp tables
Date
List pgsql-general
Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com> writes:
> On 05/23/2013 12:24 AM, Pascal Tufenkji wrote:
>> When I type the following, the database gives me an error:
>> dragon=# CREATE TEMP TABLE _parcours (id int);
>> ERROR:  type "_parcours" already exists

Perhaps you have a type or temp table named "parcours"?  If so,
"_parcours" is the internal name of the associated array type.
You'll need to use a different name.

> It feels a bit like there is something leftover from a previous process
> that was using the same connection.

We have seen a small number of reports where it seemed that some catalog
entry(s) associated with temp tables didn't get dropped when they should
have been.  No one's been able to create a reproducible case though.

            regards, tom lane