Re: sql99 / sql3 - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: sql99 / sql3
Date
List pgsql-sql
Ron Peterson <ron.peterson@yellowbank.com> writes:
> What organization is currently responsible for drafting SQL standards?

ISO.

> How can I obtain publications describing those standards?  Is there
> anything comprehensive and definitive online?

In the US you can buy ISO standards from ANSI, see
http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/default.asp

The documents you want are ISO 9075-nnn.  The ANSI price list shows
two sets, ISO/IEC 9075-n:1999 and ANSI/ISO/IEC 9075-n-1999.  The
difference between them is not obvious (except for the huge price
differential!?).  I've been trying to find out what the difference
is, if any, but no luck yet.
        regards, tom lane