Re: Patches for AIX builds.. - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Patches for AIX builds..
Date
List pgsql-patches
Rick Flower <Richard.Flower@quest.com> writes:
> As for the signed vs. unsigned chars, I only enabled that option as a
> way to cut down on the massive amount of warnings about type
> mismatches that occur in some of the build directories (odbc as a
> minimum) -- most directories are fine, but some of them elicit many
> warnings on this compiler/platform combination.

Hmm, I should think that -qchars=signed would make it *worse*.  What I
see, in certain files, is lots of complaints that the code is implicitly
casting between "char *" and "unsigned char *".  I don't recall any
places where we make use of "signed char".

            regards, tom lane