Re: BUG #12990: Missing pg_multixact/members files (appears to have wrapped, then truncated) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: BUG #12990: Missing pg_multixact/members files (appears to have wrapped, then truncated)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 5:34 PM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote=
:
>> I think I see why I was seeing this and nobody else was
>
> Thomas said he reproduced it.  No?

I should have been more clear about what I meant by "this".  Thomas
said he reproduced the immediate errors with =C3=81lvaro's patch, but if
he said anything about files in the members subdirectory not going
away with VACUUM followed by CHECKPOINT, regardless of
configuration, I missed it.  It turns out that these steps only
"prime the pump" for the files to be deleted on subsequent access
to the members SLRU.  That doesn't contribute to database
corruption, but it sure can be confusing for someone trying to
clean things up.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com