Re: I can't restart postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: I can't restart postgres
Date
Re: I can't restart postgres
List pgsql-general
Jose Quiroz <soporteinterno@healtechnology.com.pe> writes:
> 2008-02-01 17:53:33 PET PANIC:  no se pudo leer el bloque 3788 de la
> relaci�n 1663/17977/18281: Conseguido

Hmm, what PG version is that?  This looks a bit like the results of some
bugs that were fixed awhile ago.

> I use the pgfsck but doesn't work, How I can restart the systema again?

Well, if you don't have a recent backup to go back to, you can try
pg_resetxlog, but it's anyone's guess how consistent the database
will be afterwards.  A dump/initdb/restore sequence would be a good
idea.  And if you aren't on the latest release in whatever branch
you are using, now would be a good time to update.

            regards, tom lane