Re: latest hstore patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: latest hstore patch
Date
Re: latest hstore patch
List pgsql-hackers
[ starting to look at this now... ]

> "David" == "David E Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
>  David> * More name stuff: Why `hstore_to_list` rather than
>  David> `hstore_to_array`?  And I'm not sure about `hstore_to_matrix`
>  David> for the 2-dimensional array.  I guess that's better than
>  David> `hstore_to_multidimensional_array` would be. ;-)

> I intentionally avoided hstore_to_array because it would be unclear
> which one it meant (the 1-d or 2-d result).

hstore_to_list seems like a pretty horrible name though for something
that produces an array.  I also note that "array" means "1-D array"
according to no less an authority than the SQL standard ;-).  I think
we could live with hstore_to_array and hstore_to_matrix.  Thoughts,
other ideas?