Re: Fwd: RE: PostgreSQL track for PHP Con West - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Fwd: RE: PostgreSQL track for PHP Con West
Date
List pgsql-www
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Justin,
>>> Most people who signed onto that list did so with the expectation that
>>> it would not have um... non-PostgreSQL related stuff going through it.
>>> To then allow non-PostgreSQL stuff to go through it in this way feels
>>> like it would be a kind of "breech of trust".
>>
>> But this is PostgreSQL related ... there will be two PostgreSQL segments at
>> the convention.   And I'll bet that about 1/3 of our users have some
>> involvement with PHP ....
>>
>> Certainly it's as relevant as EMS HiTech's monthly version announcements ...

> Agreed ... and especially considering how hard it is to get 'inroads' into
> the PHP community, being seen as sponsors always helps ...

My thoughts exactly.  PHP is relevant to Postgres, and it's in our best
interest to make more people think so ;-).  I don't see anything wrong
with occasional PHP-related announcements, if they have any PG connection
at all.  Given that there are a couple of PG talks scheduled at this
conference, that would make it reasonable to mention anyway, wouldn't it?

            regards, tom lane