Re: Command Triggers, v16 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Command Triggers, v16
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> 2. I'm not sure which patches Tom is planning to look at or in what
> order, so I've been avoiding the ones he seems to be taking an
> interest in.

Well, I think I'm definitely on the hook for the pg_stat_statements,
pgsql_fdw, foreign table stats, and caching-stable-subexpressions
patches, and I should look at the libpq alternate row returning
mechanism because I suspect I was the last one to mess with that libpq
code in any detail.  I don't claim any special insight into the other
stuff on the list.  In particular I've not been paying much attention
to command triggers.

> Personally, I am about at the point where I'd like to punt everything
> and move on.  As nice as it would be to squeeze a few more things into
> 9.2, there WILL be a 9.3.  If a few less people had submitted
> half-baked code at the last minute and a few more people had helped
> with review, we'd be done by now.

The main reason I proposed setting a schedule a few weeks ago was that
I was afraid the commitfest would otherwise end precisely in a "we're
tired out, we're punting everything to 9.3" moment.  Without some
definite goal to work towards, it'll just keep stretching out until
we've had enough.  I'd prefer it end in a more orderly fashion than
that.  The end result will be the same, in the sense that some of the
stuff that's still-not-ready-for-committer is going to get punted,
but people might have a less bad taste in their mouths about why.