Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system
Date
Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system
List pgsql-hackers
Andreas Karlsson <andreas@proxel.se> writes:
> On 3/27/19 3:26 PM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>> That is true, of course. But are there actual examples of such conflicts
>> in practice? I mean, are there tools/packages that provide commands with
>> a conflicting name? I'm not aware of any, and as was pointed before, we'd
>> have ~20 years of history on any new ones.

> That is a fair argument. Since we squatted those names back in the
> mid-90s I think the risk of collision is low.

Right.  I think there is a fair argument to be made for user confusion
(not actual conflict) with respect to createuser and dropuser.  The
argument for renaming any of the other tools is much weaker, IMO.