Re: autogenerating error code lists (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add foreign data wrapper error code values for SQL/MED.) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: autogenerating error code lists (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add foreign data wrapper error code values for SQL/MED.)
Date
In response to Re: autogenerating error code lists (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add foreign data wrapper error code values for SQL/MED.)  (Jan Urbański <wulczer@wulczer.org>)
Responses Re: autogenerating error code lists (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add foreign data wrapper error code values for SQL/MED.)  (Jan Urbański <wulczer@wulczer.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Jan Urbański <wulczer@wulczer.org> writes:
> On 11/01/11 17:11, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Huh?  Why in the world would the specific location of the #include have
>> anything to do with the problem?

> I'v having a hard time convincing make to generate errcodes.h before
> compiling any .c file that includes postgres.h. The only way I found was
> to make src/include/errcodes.h a dependancy of the all target.

Peter would probably be a better person than me to answer that, but I
imagine that what you want is similar to what src/backend/Makefile does
for parser/gram.h, only applied at the src/ level or maybe even the
root.