Re: [HACKERS] Autovacuum loose ends - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Autovacuum loose ends
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Autovacuum loose ends
Re: [HACKERS] Autovacuum loose ends
List pgsql-patches
> Updated this patch:
> - The stat collector is modified so as to keep shared relations separate
>   from regular ones.  Autovacuum understands this.
>   [etc]

Applied with some fixes --- you had broken the reporting of statistics
for shared tables, for one thing.  Also the patch seemed to be missing
diffs for header files?

It occurs to me that vacuuming to prevent XID wraparound is not the only
reason to do DB-wide vacuums: we also need to keep
pg_database.datvacuumxid from getting too old, else we will have
problems with clog bloat.  We may need to rethink the test used.

            regards, tom lane