Re: pg_dump fails - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lorenzo Thurman
Subject Re: pg_dump fails
Date
List pgsql-general

On Apr 18, 2005, at 4:46 p, Tom Lane wrote:

<excerpt>Also, does "select * from pg_user" provoke the same error in
every

database of your installation, or only this one?  If the latter,

it could be a data-corruption kind of problem.

</excerpt>

I only have one database right now. When I try "select * from
pg_user", I get this error:

ERROR:  did not find '}' at end of input node

I installed this from Gento's portage repository.

<smaller>"There are 10 types of people in this world: those who
understand binary, those who don't"

On Apr 18, 2005, at 4:46 p, Tom Lane wrote:

> Also, does "select * from pg_user" provoke the same error in every
> database of your installation, or only this one?  If the latter,
> it could be a data-corruption kind of problem.

I only have one database right now. When I try "select * from pg_user",
I get this error:
ERROR:  did not find '}' at end of input node

I installed this from Gento's portage repository.

"There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand
binary, those who don't"
--Unknown