Re: BUG #5351: compiling with --disable-shared is broken (patch included) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #5351: compiling with --disable-shared is broken (patch included)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Jonas Lund <whizzter@gmail.com> writes:
> What kind of functionality is tied to shared libs ?

Procedural languages, encoding conversions, walreceiver (in 9.0),
not to mention any sort of add-on such as contrib or pgfoundry modules.

> If building without shared libs isn't supported anymore then i think
> you should disable it altogether in the configure script instead of
> letting it be broken.

+1 from my standpoint.  If we did want to continue supporting it we'd
need to think of a way to test it, and I'm not even sure what to test
given the truncated functionality that would be available.

            regards, tom lane