Re: 9.5 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 9.5 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 12:12:16AM +0200, Andres Freund wrote:
>> Anyway, how about:
>> format:%cd [%h] %<(8,trunc)%cN: %<(49,trunc)%s
>> (which you can configure as pretty.pgmajor or so in .gitconfig btw.)

> Should we add this to src/tools/git_changelog?  It currently uses "git
> log --format=fuller --date=iso".

I don't think that format can easily be merged into what git_changelog
does: there would be no place to put branch or release annotations.
But it was a real PITA to add that format into the alpha2 release notes,
so we should probably think of a way to produce a suitable report.