Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On April 15, 2022 2:14:47 PM EDT, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I could use some help filling in the XXX comments, because it's far
>> from clear to me *why* walsenders need this to happen.

> If you want to  commit before: The reason is that walsenders use their xmin to represent the xmin of standbys when
usinghot_standby_feedback. Since we're only transmitting global horizons up from standbys, it has to influence globally
(andit would be hard to represent per db horizons anyway).

Got it.  I rewrote the comments and pushed.  Noah, it should be safe
to turn wrasse back on.