Re: Bug in postgresql related column level security authentication. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug in postgresql related column level security authentication.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Shubham Gholap <shubhamgholap2910@gmail.com> writes:
> In column level security authentication. The password-based column level
> security authentication methods we use md5 & bf for encryption of data.
> But after some days, if we don't know which one is used for encryption.
> Which format of encryption (md5 / bf) is not showing in postgresql.
> So it's very important to show, which type of encryption is used. And will
> to much helpful for all.

This is not a bug, but a feature request.  And AFAICT it's not even
a request that should be directed to the core Postgres project,
because there's no such feature as "password-based column level
security" in core Postgres.  You should talk to the authors of
whatever extension you're using for that.

            regards, tom lane