Re: Is this really really as designed or defined in some standard - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Is this really really as designed or defined in some standard
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing <hannu@2ndQuadrant.com> writes:
> So, should this be fixed at calling / SQL side (by not allowing
> repeating argument names) or at pl side for each pl separately ?

I'm for fixing it just once, ie, in CREATE FUNCTION.  I can't imagine
any scenario where it's a good idea to have duplicate function parameter
names.

However, since this is a behavioral change that could break code that
works now, I think it should be a HEAD-only change; no backpatch.