Re: pg_basebackup behavior on non-existent slot - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Ronan Dunklau
Subject Re: pg_basebackup behavior on non-existent slot
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Le lundi 23 août 2021, 09:11:12 CEST Michael Paquier a écrit :
Some ideas here
> may be to extend the result of IDENTIFY_SYSTEM to return the slots
> available in a text array, invent a new command called SLOT, use SHOW
> or perhaps do an extra CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT TEMPORARY from the main
> thread.

This new command (albeit named differently, READ_REPLICATION_SLOT) has been
proposed here: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/
1642037.dBafQRxpgh@aivenronan for a different purpose, although it would be
useful to have that in that case too.

I guess I can add a patch to use that in pg_basebackup itself in the same
patchset.

--
Ronan Dunklau