Re: Timezone fun (bugs and a request) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Timezone fun (bugs and a request)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com> writes:
> What confused me is that the times in the log don't follow the
> SQL-and-everything-else convention:

>    LOG:  database system was shut down at 2004-05-25 15:15:44 GMT-12

> For comparison, 7.4.1 on the same system says:

>    LOG:  database system was shut down at 2004-05-25 16:03:43 NZST

Right now, to get that you need to set a TimeZone setting that will
select the appropriate New Zealand time zone by name.  (I think
'Pacific/Auckland' is the one you want.)  Hopefully we will find some
way of deducing the correct time zone name more automatically, but right
now it's a work in progress.