Query plan issues - volatile tables - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Brian Herlihy
Subject Query plan issues - volatile tables
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

We have a problem with some of our query plans.  One of our tables is quite volatile, but postgres always uses the last
statisticssnapshot from the last time it was analyzed for query planning.  Is there a way to tell postgres that it
shouldnot trust the statistics for this table?  Basically we want it to assume that there may be 0, 1 or 100,000
entriescoming out from a query on that table at any time, and that it should not make any assumptions.

Thanks,
Brian
Brian Herlihy
Trellian Pty Ltd