RE: A newbie question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alain Black
Subject RE: A newbie question
Date
List pgsql-general
In your src directory (mine is /usr/src) there is an interfaces/jdbc
subdirectory. There is a README file there that describes the make process.
Basically "make jdbc2" for jdk2. There is also an URL that points to the
precompiled .jar file if you don't want to make it yourself.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alejandro Federico Pérez López [mailto:afplmex@infosel.net.mx]
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2000 6:01 PM
To: pgsql-general
Subject: [GENERAL] A newbie question

I am new in PostgreSQL world, I am working on TurboLinux. This Linux
distribution have included the PostgreSQL Ver 6.5.2.
I wrote the JDBC sample program included in the aw_book, but when I run
the program I get this error message:
"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sample"
I think that I have to compile the JDBC interface, but I don't find that

interface in the machine.
Would you tell me what means the error message? what files I need? where

can I find that file?
I am using the JDK2.
Thanks in advance.

Regards.