Re: BUG #12137: ORDER BY with expresion changes the output if added - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dmitri Koulikov
Subject Re: BUG #12137: ORDER BY with expresion changes the output if added
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thursday, December 04, 2014 11:22:21 Tom Lane wrote:

> dima@koulikoff.ru writes:
> > The request ...
> > returns Russian names in :name field from the geoname_names table
> > But if I add a line
> > ORDER BY CASE WHEN geoname_names.name IS NOT NULL THEN geoname_names.name
> > ELSE geonames.name END
> > at the end of the request all the values for name are taken from the
> > geonames table.
>
> I can't reproduce any such misbehavior with the given information
> and some made-up data.  Can you provide a self-contained test case?
> Or at least EXPLAIN (ANALYZE, VERBOSE) output for both queries?
>
>             regards, tom lane

Hello. I've prepared a sample. It turned out that the problem lies in other
place.

In the attachment there is output from explain and a sample

The problem is with ORDER  clause I get only one record while without it there
are two.

As I understand this clause should not affect the size of the output.

Tank you in advance. And sorry for the delayed response.

--

With best regards,
   Dmitri Koulikoff

mailto:koulikoff@gmail.com