Re: Inheritance mention - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Inheritance mention
Date
List pgsql-docs
Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 12:04 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Pre-7.1 might indeed be old enough to cut, but how much are we really
>> saving? �Four sentences out of our current docs doesn't excite me ...

> But since there's a doc set per version, it would make sense to stop
> mentioning unsupported versions in the docs for supported versions,
> no?  Or is this a FAQ thing we're talking about?

The problem is what to tell people to read if they want to transition
from an unsupported version to a supported version.

If we really wanted to save some space, we could cut all the release
notes for pre-7.4 (soon pre-8.0) releases.  But somehow that doesn't
seem like a good idea.  What it would mainly accomplish is to make it
hard to find the old information when you wanted it.

            regards, tom lane