Re: Mixed up protocol packets in server response? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Mixed up protocol packets in server response?
Date
List pgsql-general
Michal Politowski <mpol+pg@meep.pl> writes:
> 2. then looking at the answer array in ReceiveTupleV3:
> So it looks like the server wanted to send
> D row 1, D row 2, D row 3, D row 4, C SELECT, Z T
> but the application sees
> D ro, ow 4, C SELECT, Z T, w 1, D row 2, D row 3, D r

> What may be the cause of this weird problem? Is it some known or unknown bug in
> 8.3.4 or is the application/Java side more suspected?

It's just about impossible to believe that the server sent that, because
(1) it generates and sends those messages one at a time, and (2) nothing
of the sort has ever been reported before.  My money is on some foulup
in buffer-wrangling on the client side.

            regards, tom lane