Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql
Date
Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> People change their mind, or they forget the decision they took last
> time and take the opposite one later.  Tom said that he didn't see a
> value in rst:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/27079.1219365411%40sss.pgh.pa.us

Well, actually, I *still* don't see the value in being able to emit ReST
--- nobody except D'Arcy has stated an interest in the feature.  I'd
feel better about it if there were more votes for it.  But in any case
I'm quite sure that ReST-except-it-breaks-on-various-special-characters
is not up to our project's quality expectations.