Re: [GENERAL] Newbie disturbed about lack of CASE tools for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Piotr Stelmaszyk
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Newbie disturbed about lack of CASE tools for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Saturday, June 12, 1999, 7:22:36 AM, you wrote:

SA> I mean, such a data-modeling tool could be written quite quickly in tcl
SA> it seems like, and distributed as open-source. And since I'm a
SA> Linux/PostgreSQL/tcl newbie, I'm hoping someone's written something that
SA> already so I can roll up my sleeves and start defining syntactically
SA> correct PostgreSQL databases right off the bat. Or is defining a
SA> Linux-based visual data-modeling and
SA> SQL-generating(-and-reverse-engineering) tool going to have to be my
SA> first task as a Linux database programmer? At the very least, is there a
SA> data-modeling tool that runs under Unix(/Linux?) that permits some
SA> degree of end-user parameterization over target SQL dialects, so that we
SA> could just define PostgreSQL as a target dialect for it?

Well, recently i've found "Toolkit for Conceptual Modeling (TCM)", but
i guess it's tool for design only (erd) and doesn't support
sql-generation

main site :
http://wwwis.cs.utwente.nl:8080/~tcm/

/piotr