Re: 2 computers 1hd 2 postgres daemons. Is it possible? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 2 computers 1hd 2 postgres daemons. Is it possible?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
"Oscar Serrano" <oserra@fondos.net> writes:
> But with postgres... ugh! here is a big problem. I've tried to start two
> postgres, one in each Linux, and both having the PGDATA directory in the
> RAID. Both postgres start correctly, but the changes one postgres does, are
> not noticed by the second one.

This will not work; don't even think of trying it, unless you want to
corrupt your database beyond repair.

Postgres depends on shared-memory communication among backends, not only
on disk files, so there is no chance of making this work.
        regards, tom lane