Re: Library General Public Licence - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Library General Public Licence
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Bart Samwel <bart@samwel.tk> writes:
> Fortunately ODBC drivers are decoupled from the actual programs that use
> them by a standard interface. If I am correct then this implies that (2)
> is always met for psqlODBC.

Yeah.  I think actually (2) is met for any ordinary shared library;
it's only if you want to static-link an LGPL library that it becomes
an issue.  The LGPL was drafted before dynamic linking became the norm,
and so it doesn't really mention the point.

            regards, tom lane