Re: Windows ODBC Driver configuration help - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Windows ODBC Driver configuration help
Date
List pgsql-novice
Andrew Kagan <akagan@leadingedgeadmin.com> writes:
> Hi All: First time poster and PostgreSQL noob...trying to set up a linked server in SSMS (SQL Server 15.0.2000.5)
using64-bit PostgreSQL Unicode(x64) driver. The PostgreSQL server is 10.5. My access to the server is readonly.
> I configured the datasource and tested successfully, and am able to create the linked server in SSMS and drill down
tothe tables, but if I try a simple query, I receive the error:

> Msg 7356, Level 16, State 1, Line 2
> The OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "[DSNname]" supplied inconsistent metadata for a column. The column
"[colname]"(compile-time ordinal 3) of object ""[table]"."public"."[column]"" was reported to have a
"DBCOLUMNFLAGS_ISLONG"of 128 at compile time and 0 at run time.

I agree that this might be an ODBC configuration issue.  I know next
to nil about ODBC, but the people who do know hang out in the pgsql-odbc
list, so you might try asking there.

            regards, tom lane