Re: ALTER TABLE ... CLUSTER ON synopsis - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ALTER TABLE ... CLUSTER ON synopsis
Date
List pgsql-docs
Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com> writes:
> The reference page for ALTER TABLE[1] correctly has the synopsis:

>     CLUSTER ON <replaceable class="PARAMETER">index_name</replaceable>

> but later leaves off the "ON" keyword:

> I think the latter description should match the former, especially
> since 'ON' is mandatory; small patch attached.

Done, though I'm not sure we've ever tried to be consistent for such
things.

The main inconsistency I notice on that page is that some of the
subform descriptions repeat the whole syntax while others only show
the initial keyword(s).  Should we try to be more consistent about
that, and if so, in which direction?

            regards, tom lane