Re: here does postgres take its timezone information from? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: here does postgres take its timezone information from?
Date
List pgsql-general
Palle Girgensohn <girgen@pingpong.net> writes:
> 16 nov. 2019 kl. 23:06 skrev Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com>:
>> Perhaps the best thing would be to revert this for the older
>> PostgreSQL releases so that people doing minor version upgrades are
>> inconvenienced by a system that can't start up after "pkg upgrade",
>> but do it for 12 since not many people will be using that yet?

> That could be a way, yes. Any thoughts on this from others following this thread?

I whined about this on the tz mailing list, and got the attention of
the FreeBSD tzdata package maintainer [1].  It seems possible that he'll
change that policy, so I'd advise doing nothing until that discussion
settles.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2019-November/028633.html