Re: fairywren is generating bogus BASE_BACKUP commands - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: fairywren is generating bogus BASE_BACKUP commands
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Maybe we need to have a README in the tree somewhere that tries to
> explain this. Or maybe we should make our build artifacts msys-aware,
> if that's possible, so that this just works. Or maybe supporting msys
> is not worth the trouble.

I've been wondering that last myself.  Supporting Windows-native is
already a huge amount of work, which we put up with because there
are a lot of users.  If msys is going to add another large chunk of
work, has it got enough users to justify that?

The recent argument that this behavior isn't user-visible doesn't do
anything to mollify me on that point; it appears to me to be tantamount
to a concession that no real users actually care about msys.