Re: Large (almost 50%!) performance drop after upgrading to 8.4.4? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Large (almost 50%!) performance drop after upgrading to 8.4.4?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Max Williams <Max.Williams@mflow.com> writes:
> Ah, yes its OFF for 8.4.3 and ON for 8.4.4!

Hah.

> Can I just turn this off on 8.4.4 or is it a compile time option?

Well, you can turn it off, but that will only buy back part of the
cost (and not even the bigger part, I believe).

> Also is this a mistake or intended? Perhaps I should tell the person who builds the pgdg packages??

Yes, the folks at commandprompt need to be told about this.  Loudly.
It's a serious packaging error.

            regards, tom lane