Re: [HACKERS] Hint Bits and Write I/O - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Hint Bits and Write I/O
Date
List pgsql-patches
> On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 11:36 +0530, Pavan Deolasee wrote:
>> I think we should try at least one or two possible optimizations and
>> get some numbers before we jump and make substantial changes to the
>> code.

> You know you're suggesting months of tests and further discussion. :-(

I agree with Pavan that we should have something that'd at least serve
as test scaffolding to verify that the framework patch is sane.  The
test code needn't be anything we'd want to commit.  It seems like
largely the same kind of issue as with your stats-hooks patch.

            regards, tom lane