Re: Code of Conduct plan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dennis Gearon
Subject Re: Code of Conduct plan
Date
List pgsql-general
I have always been impressed with the core team's and posters' professionalism on this forum. I think the subject matter is vastly responsible for that, actuall and a natural filter for the people and the actual posts. But I also give this compliment  to all of you as individuals.

Apparently we are OPPOSITE of most of the world: There is more trouble(at conferences) in person than anonymously online!

Overall, in the years I have been active or lurking, I have seen plenty of room for people to take their own ideas and turn them into projects based on or to help postgresql ( and be responsible for them and their own community). I feel that is a great way to give all ideas and people a chance to contribute and be expressed.

The CoC has not been needed, but this group is still growing after all these years. Better to have it before it's needed. Just glad to be part of a bunch of people where it HASN'T been needed, and let's all keep using and building this wonderful contribution to the world called 'Postgres'

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 3:00 PM, Ron
<ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:
On 06/03/2018 04:54 PM, Berend Tober wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Two years ago, there was considerable discussion about creating a
>> Code of Conduct for the Postgres community...
>>
>> We are now asking for a final round of community comments...
>
> I really like that this was included: "Any allegations that prove not to
> be substantiated...will be viewed as a serious community offense and a
> violation of this Code of Conduct."
>
> Good attempt to prevent the CoC being used as vindictive weaponry.

But a futile attempt: "A lie can travel half way around the world while the
truth is putting on its shoes."