Re: SQL server application porting headache - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: SQL server application porting headache
Date
List pgsql-general
Oskar Berggren <beo@sgs.o.se> writes:
> But now another idea comes to mind... Would it be hard to make the
> parser recognize [] in the same way as ""?

Only if you're willing to lose array support ... which might be an
acceptable tradeoff for a server dedicated to running this broken
app.  Not sure if anything internal depends on it, but I can't think
of anything offhand except the pg_stats view.

In any case, to go over to the [] approach would still require getting
the app developers to change their code, no?

            regards, tom lane