Re: New pg_lsn type doesn't have hash/btree opclasses - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: New pg_lsn type doesn't have hash/btree opclasses
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2014-05-06 09:37:54 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Sorry, it is *way* too late for 9.4.

> It's imo a regression/oversight introduced in the pg_lsn patch. Not a
> new feature.

You can argue that if you like, but it doesn't matter.  It's too late for
a change as big as that for such an inessential feature.  We are in the
stabilization game at this point, and adding features is not the thing to
be doing.

Especially not features for which no patch even exists.  I don't care if
it could be done in a few hours by copy-and-paste, it would still be the
very definition of rushed coding.  We're past the window for this kind of
change in 9.4.