Re: Ideas for building a system that parses medical research publications/articles - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Achilleas Mantzios
Subject Re: Ideas for building a system that parses medical research publications/articles
Date
List pgsql-general
Στις 5/6/21 10:12 μ.μ., ο/η Adrian Klaver έγραψε:
> On 6/5/21 10:39 AM, Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
>>
>> Στις 5/6/21 8:03 μ.μ., ο/η Adrian Klaver έγραψε:

>>> What I searched on was 'open source article catalog'.

>>> This is down to copyright issues I'm sure. For PubMed Central see:
>>>
>>> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/about/copyright/
>>>
>>> for the if/ands/buts that restrict what you can do with the
>>> information and stay legal.
>>
>> maybe but still :
>>
>> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=open+access%5Bfilter%5D+PANDAS+IVIG
>>

> Yeah it is nice to have the resources of the NIH behind you. Still I
> would point out under Copyright and License information:
>
> "This article is made available via the PMC Open Access Subset for
> unrestricted research re-use and secondary analysis in any form or by
> any means with acknowledgement of the original source. These
> permissions are granted for the duration of the World Health
> Organization (WHO) declaration of COVID-19 as a global pandemic."
>
> Further on PMC Open Access Subset:
>
> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/tools/openftlist/
>
> Again more ifs/ands/buts.
>
> The point being, dealing with articles is a descent into legalese.  I
> am not saying this is show stopper, just that it will consume
> considerable resources to sort out. I for one applaud your effort and
> given what I have seen you do with the shipping software over the
> years I don't see this project as out of the realm of possibility.
Thank you Adrian, there is no money in this project, but the stakes are
much much higher.

https://doaj.org/search/articles?ref=homepage-box&source=%7B%22query%22%3A%7B%22query_string%22%3A%7B%22query%22%3A%22IVIG%20PANDAS%22%2C%22default_operator%22%3A%22AND%22%7D%7D%7D