Re: Closing some 8.4 open items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Closing some 8.4 open items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm excited about some of them, but not to the point of not wanting to
>> ship beta. �So +1 for removing them as per your suggestions.

> I'm somewhat excited about posix_fadvise but my general feeling was
> that it was best to do nothing anyways.

Yeah.  One of the things in the back of my mind is that the planner is
going to prefer bitmap scans anyway for anything that fetches more than
a very few rows.  So it's not clear that prefetching plain indexscans
is going to buy enough to justify a whole lotta work or ugliness there.

I'm content to throw this one on TODO.