Re: 7.0.3 database corruption - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.0.3 database corruption
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> mlw wrote:
>> After we run the
>> scripts, it looks like the database is corrupt.

It's impossible to say anything useful with such an undescriptive
description of the problem.

Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:
> There certainly are bugs in 7.0.3 - I can describe at least two:

I would really like to see a reproducible example of index corruption
in 7.0.*.  We've heard such reports often enough to know the problem
is real, but without a test case in hand it's difficult to do much about
it.

> 2. Some kind of stuck locks - a single backend stuck in "INSERT waiting"

7.0.*'s deadlock detection algorithm is known to have some holes, but
deadlock couldn't be the explanation for just a single stuck backend.
Again, any chance of looking at an example?