Re: Current enums patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Current enums patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> There's a little bug:

> postgres=#  CREATE TYPE aenum AS ENUM ('a','b','c'); CREATE TYPE
> postgres=#  CREATE TABLE t (e aenum); CREATE TABLE postgres=# INSERT
> INTO t VALUES

('foooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo');

Hm, I suppose we should apply truncate_identifier rather than letting
the strings be blindly truncated (perhaps in mid-character).  Should we
have it throw the truncation NOTICE, or not?  First thought is to do so
during CREATE TYPE but not during plain enum_in().

            regards, tom lane