Re: Any interest in buildfarm a member using Apple's llvm-gcc-4.2 or clang? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Any interest in buildfarm a member using Apple's llvm-gcc-4.2 or clang?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Creager <robert@logicalchaos.org> writes:
> I'll set up one or  two more 'machines' if there is interest (Snow
> Leopard)

LLVM, perhaps, though are you sure that llvm and gcc aren't the
same thing under the hood on SL?  I thought I'd read somewhere that
Apple had turned gcc into a wrapper around the llvm code generator.

> clang fails to compile on HEAD, so I did no more checking on it.

I think that whatever version Apple is shipping on the DVD is probably
not going to be very useful for us.  Grzegorz Jaskiewicz was using
bleeding-edge clang sources and still hitting bugs.  Putting it in the
buildfarm might be a good idea in a few more months, when more-stable
clang versions are available.