Re: PGAdmin for PostgreSQL 9.3 creates tables with double quotes embedded in the name - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From J.F. Oster
Subject Re: PGAdmin for PostgreSQL 9.3 creates tables with double quotes embedded in the name
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi Rob,

Monday, June 2, 2014, 4:43:01 PM, you wrote:

RR> I am not using plain SQL entered manually.═ I am using
RR> PGAdmin's table creation tool.

I'm sure that last week you provided table name in mixed case (more
precisely, with at least one character not in [_a-z0-9]). PgAdmin saw
that and wrapped it in double quotes. If all the letters are
lowercase, no double quotes are added.
By the way, this relates to any identifiers, not only table names.
Isn't that mentioned in PgAdmin help?.. If not, it probably should.

--
Best regards,J.F.