Re: $PGSQL/include/postgres.h - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: $PGSQL/include/postgres.h
Date
List pgsql-general
Jim Mercer <jim@reptiles.org> writes:
> recently i decided to upgrade some stuff from pgsql 6.x to 7.1.2 and
> am trying to build php.
> it does not appear that there is a /usr/local/pgsql/include/postgres.h
> any more.

There is not, by default.  PHP should never have included it in the
first place (and does not anymore, I understand).

> if so, this decision could cause a good chunk of existing code to break.

Only code that was erroneous to begin with ... clients shouldn't be
pulling in that file, it merely pollutes their namespace.

            regards, tom lane