Re: ANALYSE on Solaris 8 bug - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ANALYSE on Solaris 8 bug
Date
List pgsql-ports
"Patrick Vachon" <kaleidelf@hotmail.com> writes:
> Should this issue be documented in src/doc/FAQ_Solaris?
> IMHO, I think it should, since it may affect various versions of Solaris.

If we knew enough about it to document what combinations work and what
don't, I'd have put something in before now.  I'm not going to put in
something as vague as "non-C locales may not work on Solaris", because
I don't think the problem is nearly as sweeping as that.

If you care to troll our archives and whatever info is available from
Sun, and put together a useful entry for the FAQ, that'd be great.

            regards, tom lane