Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Proofreading adjustments for first two parts of documentation - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Proofreading adjustments for first two parts of documentation
Date
List pgsql-docs
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> My point in all this is that, "advanced" isn't frozen forever in time,
> and neither is, "basic."

No, but the "basic" chapter is trying to teach people what tables and
indexes are.  I think it's reasonable to categorize FKs as a level
beyond that.

It would probably be fair to complain that window functions don't belong
in the same difficulty category as FKs.  I stuck a chapter about them in
there because I didn't see any other good place for the material --- but
maybe we should consider breaking down the tutorial into
beginner/intermediate/"advanced" chapters?

            regards, tom lane