Re: [HACKERS] Temp Table Memory Leak - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Temp Table Memory Leak
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Temp Table Memory Leak
List pgsql-hackers
>> I confirm the leak in 6.5.* --- but I see no leak in current sources.

> Great.  Now the big question is should we backpatch, and if so do we
> want a 6.5.4.

Do you have a low-risk patch for this?  I recall that we did some
fairly extensive changes involving not only temp tables but the regular
relation cache.  Extracting a patch that could be trusted seems like
it might be tough.

> I know you(Tom) have put a number of patches into the 6.5.* branch,
> and we are at least 2 months away from our next release.

I have been throwing low-risk/high-reward fixes into REL6_5 when I
could, with the thought that we might want to do another 6.5.* release.
But I'm undecided on whether we should or not.  It seems like we are
close enough to 7.0 beta cycle that we should focus our effort there.