Re: pgsql: Add contrib/pg_walinspect. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Add contrib/pg_walinspect.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Could this be an issue related to the addition of the circular WAL
> decoding buffer, aka 3f1ce97?

I already whined about this at [1].

I've been wondering if the issue could be traced to topminnow's unusual
hardware properties, specifically that it has MAXALIGN 8 even though
it's only a 32-bit machine per sizeof(void *).  I think the only
other active buildfarm animal like that is my gaur ... but I've
failed to reproduce it on gaur.  Best guess at the moment is that
it's a timing issue that topminnow manages to reproduce often.

Anyway, as I said in the other thread, I can reproduce it on
topminnow's host.  Let me know if you have ideas about how to
home in on the cause.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/111657.1650910309%40sss.pgh.pa.us