Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Marko Kreen wrote:
>> Also I think several people are annoyed by the "Jan asked permission
>> from -core" part of the process.

> I don't think this is accurate.  Jan talked to Tom, not all of core, and
> Tom just gave general approval.  Tom still expected this to go through
> the hackers review process.

Well, my view of the discussion was that Jan asked core if any of us
would veto a late contrib addition.  I trust you'll agree that if anyone
on core were to vote against, it would not have gone in; and so it
seemed reasonable to me for Jan to check this before expending any
further effort on creating a patch.

I asked a couple questions and then said it sounded okay to me; I don't
recall now if anyone else commented, but this was definitely a
discussion on -core not personal email.

In any case, since that was in advance of seeing the code, I certainly
was expecting a -patches submission before commit ...