BUG #17146: pg_dump statements are going into pg_stat_statements in 13.4 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From PG Bug reporting form
Subject BUG #17146: pg_dump statements are going into pg_stat_statements in 13.4
Date
Re: BUG #17146: pg_dump statements are going into pg_stat_statements in 13.4  (Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      17146
Logged by:          James Inform
Email address:      james.inform@pharmapp.de
PostgreSQL version: 13.4
Operating system:   Ubuntu 18.04 LTS AND macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Hi

I have just updated to 13.4 and I have noticed that "COPY" statements that
are produced by pg_dump appear in pg_stat_statements view.

You can imagine that the copy statements are slower than all my other
statements, so they come up as the first and most expensive statements in
pg_stat_statements.

This is a new behaviour in 13.4 and hasn't existed in 13.3 and prior.

Is there a setting to prevent this?

Cheers,
James